Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Botox Tips and other Cosmetic Surgery topics.
Is Botox cheaper internationally?
Our jobs are going to India, Mexico, Indonesia...and now our plastic surgery costs may be cut if we hop a charter flight, right? Not so fast. Although more than 1 million people worldwide got Botox in 2002, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, not all Botox injections are created equal. You can spend $300-$500 in Canadian dollars for Botox, and assuming the exchange rate is favorable, you'll probably get a good deal. Some pointers to remember when going abroad:
- You should always check any surgeon's references. A quack is a quack no matter where they practice.
- If your Botox doesn't last, don't blame it on the surgeon. Botox injection effects depend on the individual.
- Don't automatically assume that a foreign country won't have the same health standards as in the United States, and vice versa if you're coming to the US for Botox treatment.
- Don't assume that the clinic is safe either! Do your research!
- Make sure you can contact the surgeon or get treatment from a comparable surgeon if problems should occur.
- Don't assume that Botox is cheaper in another country. Exchange rates and different health systems may actually drive up the price. Outsourcing is a dirty word in many circles, but globalization actually gives the consumer more choice--use it wisely.