Reducing Botox Costs
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Botox Tips and other Cosmetic Surgery topics.
Can I reduce Botox costs by doing it on my own?
You can self-tan on your own, and have cosmetic parties with fellow Desperate Housewives. You can give yourself home hair color treatments. How about Botox parties? You could save hundreds of dollars and trips to the Botox treatment center. Penny-wise, pound foolish. If you want to save money on your Botox cost, we recommend you:
- Increase antioxidant intake to minimize wrinkles
- Stay out of strong sunlight or minimize sun exposure
- Laugh more--the average adult laughs 5 times a week, while the average kid laughs 10,000 times
- Drink more water
- Quit smoking, which ages your face
- Try the Botox-alternative products (they may vary in effectiveness)
- Get microdermabrasion to stimulate collagen growth
- Get a Photo Facial, which can cost $575 and rejuvenates your face
The Mandell-Brown Plastic Surgery Center charges $250 per Botox injection site, and recommends against Botox parties, since foreheads require multiple Botox injections. Are you and your friends prepared to deal with complications? A surgery center is. The average Botox cost in 2003 was $384.00, according to The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Is saving $384.00 worth a trip to the ER? That tends to ruin the slumber-party best-friend atmosphere. Choose a Botox treatment professional.