The Extreme Makeover Package
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Getting An Extreme Makeover and other Cosmetic Surgery topics.
What will it cost to have an extreme makeover?
Okay, So the "Extreme Makeover" TV show involved a fitness program, dental work and great clothes in addition to the surgery. You knew that. While your doctor tells you the whole cost is more than most patients are willing to pay and that looks don't bring happiness, you're willing to try after recovery from that car accident. You've been cautioned against unrealistic expectations, but you have dreams. What will happen when you have an extreme makeover? You might have:
- Lasik eye surgery
- Jaw surgery
- Fashion makeover
- Body makeover
- Eyebrow makeover and facial
- Zoom whitening
- Acne treatments
- Vein treatments
- Crossed eye (strabismus) surgery
- Wig or hair treatments for patients with chronic baldness
No matter what you spend, plastic surgery won't work unless you're willing to make changes in your life such as:
- Updating your wardrobe (this doesn't mean buying outrageous or expensive clothes, but good-taste ones that fit you well)--cost depends on the bargains you find
- Updating your makeup (this is a good idea anyway as you change your life)--cost depends on the cosmetics line you choose
- Starting or continuing a diet and fitness program--costs may include a gym membership, special foods, fitness equipment
- Signing up for voice lessons and public speaking help, for example, joining a Toastmasters club--costs yearly memberships or hourly fees
- Getting coached on body language and presentation--costs hourly fees
- Smiling and laughing, presenting a cheerful personality that people like in addition to, or more than, your looks--absolutely free!)
- Having a positive outlook--doesn't cost anything!
If you can absorb the cost of an extreme makeover, you absolutely need to include the non-surgical alternatives that the show provides. After all, you do get what you pay for--and that includes the time, energy and commitment you're willing to give to your extreme makeover. But you want to rehabilitate your life after the accident (or illness), or to give your unsatisfying life an extreme makeover. It costs to change--but sometimes, the greatest cost can come from not changing.
9/26/2006 12:31:18 PM
i agree, i really want an extreme makeover but i dont have access to a video camera or a printer, i am a mother of four, and i have low self esteem about my face and body due to aging. please help if you can? my address is 2729 w. mallon ave spokane washington 99201-1554 and my phone number is 509-325-2369. so sorry for not really commenting on the tip but i am truely desperate. what should i do?