Breast Sculpting and Liposuction
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Liposuction and other Cosmetic Surgery topics.
Is liposuction appropriate for breast reduction?
If you're in the unlikely position of having men say your breasts are too large (and it does happen, especially if you're a man yourself), you might think traditional breast reduction surgery is too frightening and invasive. Breast liposuction can be a scarless alternative to breast reduction surgery and is thought to tighten the skin after the fat is removed through tumescent liposuction. Traditional breast reduction may result in loose skin and an anchor-shaped scar from scalpels. Some tips to consider before you reduce the size of your top with liposuction:
- Some surgeons don't recommend ultrasonic liposuction for breasts since it removes massive amounts of fat, and results can be difficult to measure in such a relatively small area.
- Seek out a body sculpting surgeon who routinely performs breast liposuction, or better yet, a breast enchancement surgeon.
- Be aware that there is as much risk of burning and swelling as with other liposuction procedures.
- You may experience discoloration, but your surgeon will provide topical creams that can help.
- If you're concerned about breast cancer, the risks are the same before and after breast liposuction.
Have a pre- and post-operation mammogram. We've all been told that "bigger is better," but not if it impedes your quality of life. Also, when it comes to breast surgery, safer is better.